Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sunset Series # 1 ~ Zoo Run

So last night was the first race of the 3 race Sunset Series at the Melbourne Zoo.

We were so excited and slightly overwhelmed by the amount of people that had gathered on the oval for a mid week run. Thankfully after a 31 degree in Melbourne by race time it had cooled down just enough to make it bearable. Although most of the run was in shade, it was still quite warm, and I ran most of the race quite thirsty as they didn't have anywhere near enough drink stations given how warm the night was. I think I counted 2.

It was definitely the funnest fun run I've ever done. We got to run past the zebras and giraffes and my fav big bear.  Unfortunately the circuit missed the elephants sand my meerkats but I did manage a quick minute stop to get a selfie with the giraffe. It was also lovely to randomly bump into another friend and half of it with her. We also some how manage to catch up with the other girls and cross over the finish line together.  

Even though it was the funnest fun run I've done it was by far the hardest. Three quarters of the course was all uphill, and then as we run up the boardwalk through the monkeys, we were limited in space and were squished onto a two person wide path and were forced to walk that section, which obviously played a factor in our end result and overall time.

In the end I was pretty happy with my time of 56 min 22 secs. Considering three quarters of it seem to be up hill and we were slowed down at the monkeys I was pretty much on par with best run.

So thanks girls for making evening such and enjoyable one. And everyone else who missed out, it's definitely one to put on your calendar for next year.

Dont forget you can view all my race results here.

Night all, and happy running x

No comments:

Post a Comment