Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Run Calendar for 2014

Over the last few weeks I've been looking into race events over the next year to assist in my quest to conquer a half marathon. Sooooo, for the moment my run calendar for 2014 is looking a little something like this.. I'm excited by these challenges and have also created a new page on my blog where I intend on recording all my Race Results.  

If any of you would like to contribute to my Fun Run Fund, donations would be greatly appreciated!! Annoyingly most of these event cost anywhere between $50 and $80 which quickly adds up, however it keeps me motivated and I have a great support crew who encourage and run along side me! Thank you transformers - you girls rock! The wish list ones are ones I'm keen to do but if I can afford them as they're about $60 to register!

So here it is:

January 
Sun 19th - New Year's Resolution Fun - 6km

February

Wed 5th  - Summer Series (1 of 3): The Zoo - 8km
Wed 19th - Summer Series (2 of 3): The Tan - 8km

March
Sun 2nd - Grand Prix Colour Run - 5km (wish list)
Wed 5th - Summer Series: (3 of 3) - Princess Park - 8km

April
Sun 13th - Run for the Kids - 15km's

May
Sun 11th - Mothers Day Classic - 8km's

July
Sat 26th - Great Australian Outback - My first Half Mara
Sun 27th - Run Melbourne - My first Half Mara  
(Can't decide between these two) 

August
Sun 24th - Perth City to Surf - Half Mara?

September
Yarra Valley Grape Run - 13 km's

October
Melbourne Marathon - Half Mara
Warragul Half Mara

November
Melbourne City to Sea - 14 km's

December
Sussans Women's Classic - Half Mara ?

Still trying to decide on where to do my first half mara so any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to do in Paris / the outback or Melbourne. Guess it will come down to finances in the end. Am hoping July isn't too ambitious - only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment